(1st service, September 12, 2021)
Covenant Family Day
THEME: GODLINESS IS PROFITABLE UNTO ALL THINGS. 1Tim 4:8
Ministering: Pastor Emmanuel Edile
Topic: Understanding the path ways to Godliness
Godliness is the foundation of our walk and dealings with God 1st Timothy 4:8.
- Godliness is the key to experiencing and enjoying the best of God here on earth and securing eternity with Christ in heaven.
It is key to gaining a life with Jesus. We must ensure that Godliness remains the root of everything we do.
- Anything that is not built on Godliness will never stand the test of time.
There are two types of people:
- People that believe it is very impossible to live a Godly life
- Those that believe in the possibility
- Godliness is not a key for believers, it is a command from God that every believer must be holy and take personal responsibility in life -1st Peter 1:16.
- God will never tell us to be who he has not empowered/graced us to be. It is possible -Philippians 4:13
What is Godliness?
There are those that believe that Godliness has to do with being quiet and being pushed about.
- It means conforming to the ways of God in other to reflect the nature of his kingdom in our daily lives –Matthew 5:15-16
Godliness answers to personal responsibility. Godliness are the heritage of every good thing.
- If your actions are not in line with what you claim, in your heart; then you are a liar. The heart is the prime of your acts.
True faith is always accompanied by good godly works. Romans 12:1-2.
- Until you take personal responsibility, your Godliness is mere words -2nd Corinthians 3:18
Areas to Take Personal Responsibility
- In studying the word of God.
This is because the word of God is the way of God. Until you understand the word of God, you will not know the way of god.
- The word we understand the word of God, the more you will become like God.
If Godliness is profitable unto all things then ungodliness can lead to the loss of every good thing in the lives of a believer.
Costs of Ungodliness
- It blocks our access to healing and health –Mark 2:5, 1st Corinthians 3:16-17
You must at all costs stay away from all forms of ungodliness
- It blocks our access to durable riches –Psalm 112:1-3
- It blocks our access to help in times of trouble
What is the way out of Ungodliness?
- Repentance 1st Timothy 3:16
- You must abstain from all appearance of evil -1st John 3:3
- You must resist the devil –James 4:7
Family talk by Pastor Sidney Omoregbe
What was wrong with Cain’s sacrifice? It came from a cursed source