2022 Global Studies Scholarship at Maastricht University
Tuition fees, stipend + benefits
The study programme offers students the opportunity to perform a field study in the global south, develop an intervention for a societal problem presented by a NGO, government, agency, firm or a school and write an interdisciplinary bachelor thesis.
The UM Global Studies Scholarship offers one full coverage scholarship (including a tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) per academic year for a selected number of top-performing bachelor students from the Global South with personal development potential who have been (conditionally) admitted to the Global Studies study programme.
- You hold the nationality of a country in the Global South, here defined as least developed (column 1), low income (column 2) and lower middle-income (column 3) countries in Africa, Asia (including the Middle-East), Latin-America and the Caribbean based on the definition of the OECD and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands
- You do not hold a double nationality from a country in the Global North
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2022
- You agree to become an active Global Studies and UM ambassador during and after your studies, by committing to share your experiences during at least one (information) session for students and/or other stakeholders
- You have have been (conditionally) admitted to the Global Studies study programme
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Tuition fees
- Stipend of € 11,400 per academic year
- Health insurance