Wolfson Postgraduate Research International Scholarships in Humanities
Tuition fees + £22,000 p.a.
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of History
- Department of History of Art
- Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Women’s Studies
Applicants within one of the following Centres are also eligible to apply, though your ‘home’ department will fall under one of those listed above, for the purpose of applying:
- Centre for Renaissance and Early Modern Studies
- Centre for Eighteenth-Century Studies
- Centre for Modern Studies
To be eligible, you must:
- have applied for, and ideally be in receipt of an offer of a place on, a PhD programme in the relevant department
- expect to begin your PhD studies on 1 October 2022 (deferrals are not permitted)
- have a First or 2:1 honours degree or equivalent prior to commencing the PhD
- have completed a Masters-level qualification before commencing the PhD
- have a research project that fits within at least one of the Wolfson Foundation’s Subject Disciplines of History, Languages and Literature.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- tuition fees (at home/international rate; where an international student is awarded, the student’s department covers the difference between home and international fee rate)
- a maintenance stipend of around £22,000 per year
- some research and training costs.