Leiden University Erasmus+ Study Grants for International Students in Netherlands
- Bachelor, Master, Phd
- Up to €360 per month
You can apply for an Erasmus+ study grant if you are a Bachelor/Master/PhD student and want to follow part of your study programme or conduct research in a European country at a partner university.
- You must be a registered Bachelor’s, Master or PhD degree student at Leiden University, and at least in your second year of studies.
- Your study or research must be a fully recognised part of your Bachelor, Master or PhD programme at Leiden University.
- The receiving institution must hold an Erasmus+ inter-institutional agreement with Leiden University.
- You may apply for an Erasmus+ grant totaling up to a maximum of twelve months per study cycle (BA/MA/PhD).
- The duration of your Erasmus+ period must be between 3 months (90 days) and 12 months (360 days). A duration of less than 90 days can only be accepted if your host institution uses a system of shorter semesters/trimesters.
The amount granted is calculated based on the exact number of days spent abroad and the destination country. Erasmus+ countries are divided into three groups in terms of the number of funds awarded:
Group 1 – € 360 per month
Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Norway, Sweden, and United Kingdom*.
Group 2 – € 300 per month
Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Portugal, and Spain.
Group 3 – € 240 per month
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Republic of Macedonia, and Turkey.