LUSTRA+ Scholarships for International Students in the Netherlands
You can apply for a LUSTRA+ scholarship if you are a Bachelor or Master student and want to study, conduct research, or do an internship at an institution or company outside Europe.
You must be a registered as a Bachelor or Master student at Leiden University.
- Your study, internship or research must be a fully recognised part of your study programme at Leiden University and approved by your programme’s Board of Examiners.
- Your LUSTRA+ period must be a minimum of 14 days and a maximum of 12 months. Holidays prior to/after your studies, research or internship are not included.
- You may apply for a LUSTRA+ scholarship more than once. LUSTRA+ funding may be awarded for a maximum of 12 months during your bachelor’s programme, and 12 months during your Master’s programme.
Read the LUSTRA+ rules and regulations carefully in advance.
You cannot be awarded a LUSTRA+ scholarship if:
- Your LUSTRA+ destination country is on the Erasmus+ country list
- You are eligible for funding from the Sustainable Humanities Scholarship (Stagefonds Duurzame Geesteswetenschappen) for your period abroad. Check this with your International Exchange Coordinator.
Up to €650 depending on the lenghth of your stay.
Given the corona outbreak and subsequent restrictions, the application for a LUSTRA+ scholarship is different than usual. If you want to apply for a scholarship, you must first request permission for study-related activities abroad. Without official permission you will not be eligible for a scholarship. After approval of your request you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, after which you will receive a link to the application form.