12 SAFETY RULES FROM BONNY LOCAL GOVERNMENT COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH ADVISORY.
In line with Federal and State Governments efforts to stem the novel Covid-19 outbreak in Nigeria, the Bonny Local Government Council wishes to inform residents of Bonny LGA on the following measures put in place to protect the Local Government Area and prevent further spread of the virus in the country.
1. A compulsory ban on all public functions and gatherings until further notice.
This includes burials, weddings, parties, nightclubs and other crowded public events.
2. In line with the State Government’s directive, all schools, both public and private, including higher institutions remain closed until further review.
3. Henceforth, passengers entering Bonny will be subjected to screening by health officials at our various ports of entry.
4. Consequent upon our unique terrain and closeness to the high sea, residents are advised to stay away from ships and other vessels on the high sea around Bonny and it’s environs. The health status of persons on board those vessels, most of them foreigners, remain uncertain.
5. Businesses and other essential service providers are to provide hand sanitizers and other sanitary equipment for their staff and customers.
6. Markets, supermarkets, food vendors rendering essential services to the public must at this time and always, practice safe hygiene and cover their mouths and hands while serving the public.
7. Residents are further advised to wash their hands regularly with soap or hand wash, use alcohols base hand sanitizers and maintain 2-3 meters distance from others.
8. Residents are advised to avoid touching open surfaces as health professionals have identified them as potential purveyors of the virus.
9. The elderly are at greater risk at this time, hence we recommend families and care providers to make sure the elderly remain home and cared for while maintaining a safe distance from them to protect their weakened immune system.
10. The Local Government Council will deploy a monitoring committee to ensure that residents, businesses, schools, religious organizations, and other social groups comply with the above-stated measures.
11. If you feel unwell, please visit the nearest hospital and gain medical advice from health professionals, the Local Government Council is in constant touch with health professionals in Bonny to coordinate our efforts.
12. The Bonny Local Government will ensure regular contact with residents of Bonny and review our guidelines as the global and national situation unfolds.
While we regret any inconvenience these measures might cause residents, rest assured it is for the overall health and safety of the people of Bonny, with about 40cases of the novel Covid19 virus now recorded in our country, all hands must be ondeck to stem the tide and turn the dangerous course.
Comr Williams Ogbah Agwu
Special Assistant On Media And Publicity To
Hon. David Rogers Irimagha